What advanced video editing software will work on Macbook Pro with Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics?

Anonymous September 1, 2014

Hi everyone,

I have an Intel HD graphics 3000 (integrated) in a Mac Book Pro early 2011, with a RAM 4GB DDR3 and processor 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5. It seems that no software (apart for iMovie) for advanced editing video suits these features.  Is it true? Final Cut Pro needs a more advanced graphics card and Premiere CS5 and CS6 too. Maybe there are earlier versions which work with it? Alternatively, is there anything I can do to modify my Mac in order to improve its performance and overcome the graphics card problem?

1. Emmay550

There are many NLEs for you to choose, like Avid, Premiere .etc. I have an older version of Avid to edit my videos. If you used older version NLEs to deal with your videos, then you need another assistant - Video Converter to help you since most older version NLEs supports less video formats.
    [Ed: link removed due to v. poor WOT rating]

Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Graphics card compatibility
    The graphics card requirements for Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4 are:
    ?OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
    ?256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K)

if you have more advanced graphic card then you get to work faster