How many ads can I put up when I use ad-ready themes in WordPress?

Joe November 2, 2011

Thanks for the article pointing out some of the top ad-ready WordPress themes The Best 12 Free Wordpress Themes With Built-In Ad Space The Best 12 Free Wordpress Themes With Built-In Ad Space Read More ! Very helpful :) Was wondering though…

I am only a “news” guy – a writer. If I utilize one of the themes you posted, am I able to put up more ads than the amount showing on the demo pages? Can I put up 20 ads, 30 ads, etc? Guess I’m asking if it’s scalable or not?

Remember, I’m just a writer, so, I don’t wanna mess with code or any of that. Hope you can help…

Joe

No, most of those themes are designed with a set number of ad spots, and you can't easily change that. You could if you learn a little PHP/HTML of course, but you seem to be against that. 

Also, I'd discourage you from putting that many ads on any page anyway. Overdo it, and your page will (a) be ignored by google and (b) piss off any existing users.

I think you're approaching this from the wrong angle. If you start thinking about monetization before you even have any content to start with (I assume, since you didnt list any URLs), you are doomed to failure. The questions you should be asking are:

- what makes my content unique?
    - how can I create a thriving community on my website?
    - how is my site better than competitor X?
    - what is my focus?