Why does Adobe Flash not work in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome on two different computers running Windows 7 64 bit?

Paul Gravance April 5, 2012

I have two HP computers. One 4313 desktop, one G72 laptop. Both run Windows 7 64 bit.

When I am in a website and click on a link to a flash video, all I see is a little loading wheel going round and round forever. I dumped IE 9 on the desktop and loaded Chrome with the same results. Then IE 8, still same results. On the laptop I have no IE now, only Chrome, with, you guessed it, the same results!

Hello, I would start by updating/installation flash in your computer.  Open Explorer and visit the flash site.  See it that works.  

on chrome type
    chrome://plugins/
    on the right side click on Details
    scroll to Flash, then deactivate the ones that comes with chrome and let only macromedia.

update java also

Since IE uses the ActiveX Flash component wherein Chrome comes with it's own built in flash plugin I would say the problem is related to something else on your computers or network.

Maybe your modem or routers firewall is set to block certain content or the video is rather large and takes that long to load.

Do you have any other device on your network where flash videos are working?