How can I use Adobe Flash on my Windows 7 computer?

null April 18, 2011

I bought a new laptop with Windows 7, but cannot play a lot of videos because it will not run Adobe Flash. I get the missing plug-in box message. I had the HP guy check it out and he said it was working. Is this a Microsoft problem?

Hello, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and download the flash player to a location of your choice. Sometimes if you use another browser other than internet explorer it could give you trouble. So, download the flash player using internet explorer. Once downloaded, close explorer and run the downloaded file. If you are using Firefox, sometimes it does not recognize that you have the player installed and you have to go to the plugins section of addons to install the plug ins. Also, if you are using Firefox/Chrome they have their own settings for flash.

1. Where do you try to play them, e.g. in your browser or in Windows Media Player?
    2. If there are issues streaming flash videos with your browser, which browser is it, did you install the necessary plugin, and could it be that Flash is blocked?
    3. If you experience issues with a desktop media player, what format are the videos in that you cannot play and is there an error message?
    4. Did you try to download and install Adobe Flash Player?