Why does Adobe Flash in Firefox keep crashing when I try to play Facebook games?
Question by Tammy /

I am using Firefox and when I go to Castleville or any other games with Facebook, my Adobe Flash keeps crashing. I have an Acer notebook. I can’t seem to fix this problem. Please help.

• Kate Diss

i can not load cityville on facebook or zynga because adobe keeps crashing what do i do

• me

because facebook sucks and the companies especially zynga that develop these games develop them WAY too fast so they are filled with bugs left and right

• Tammy

OK, so this is what I did and seems to be working great now. First i don’t update with Firefox anymore, only because every time I do it starts screwing up again. I downloaded Shockwave Director and flash lite once I did the flash lite I disabled it. I learned sometimes just downloading some addon’s or plugins then disabling them sometimes puts in what you need but you don’t have to have them enabled. Sounds funny but works. once you find the right combination of Firefox and flash keep it as long as you can without updating. I also downloaded configuration mania and set a few things different which you can’t make these changes in just the regular settings you need the config. mania to make these changes then I disabled it. I recommend any changes you make to write them down in case you need to go back and change them if they don’t work. Also, do a back up so if you need to do a system restore you can easily. Thanks for everyone’s help it really did help me ….Thanks again

• Greg

Flash rhymes with ‘crash’ for a good reason. The world will be a better place for all when html doesn’t need flash for dynamic effects in browsers.

• Janice

Using firefox my adobe flash crashes everyday it also crashes with ie9,and chrome have tried them all please help

• iKlone

The advice given is the same run of the mill advice which equates to jack shit.

Adobe flash has serious memory issue leak which for the last 7 months still has not been fixed.

Nothing you can do.  Complain on the adobe forums like the rest of us. None of the above steps is going to help you.

Hello, make sure to uninstall flash completely from your computer and browser.  You could either use the uninstaller for flash tool or revo uninstaller.  If you want to use the flash uninstaller tool, visit the following link and download the version for your operating system.  You can download the x86 if your operating system is 32 bits or choose 64 bits, if you computer runs a 64 bits operating system.  Follow the instructions in the download site:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Or, you uninstall flash completely with the free version of revo uninstaller from the link below.  Once file is downloaded, run the file to install the software.  Once software is installed, open program and look for any version of flash you have installed.  Click on uninstall and make sure to scan the system for orphan files.  If it asks you if you want to keep personal settings, select no.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Once flash is completely uninstalled, restart your computer and go to the following link to download the most recent version.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Probably it would also be ok if you can download the shockwave player.  Sometimes it makes a difference:

http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

• Eu

Hello,

My configuration is:
      latest version of Firefox (11.0)
      latest version of Flash Player (11.2.202.233)
      Windows XP with all the updates and latest SP (fresh installation)
      Issue: Open Youtube and try to see a video: it stops after few seconds and locks Firefox.
      What I tried: open Firefox in debug mode, reset configuration settings, disabled all the add-ons and extensions except Flash, and Flash was still hanging.
      Solution: installed also Shockwave player and now it works fine.

I hope this helps users and technical support at Adobe.

Thanks FIDELIS for the suggestion.

Hello, I am glad your issue is solved.

maybe you have incompatible plugin, or your antivirus/firewal are inteferring? Do you have parental control type products?

• Jeff Fabish

Hi Tammy,

What version of Firefox are you using? Check by going to Help -> About. Install a previous version of Firefox, jump back a full version number (If you’re using 8, install 7, etc.) and make sure flash  is up to date. You may also want to try disabling hardware acceleration by going to Tools -> Options -> Advanced and in the “General” tab, disable “Use hardware acceleration when available”. 

If none of these work, make sure you install the latest version of Firefox and re-enable hardware acceleration to get things back to normal. 

– Jeff

• Pedro

Thanks!! it helped for me. My notebook has this amd switchable gpu and maybe it was detected. Turn acceleration off made flash videos work right,

• Rachel Humphrey

I don’t know how?

• teresa simmons

Gonna try this hope it works mine is now crashing like in the original post.

all you can do is :
    update your flash player.
    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
    or try other browser

• Rachel Humphrey

I have updated my flash and my firefox and they are both current.