Why has my administrator account blocked WiFi?

Georges December 16, 2011

Every time I try to connect to my WiFi, I get the following message: “Your Administrator has blocked your connections to this WiFi. The message appears independently of the WiFi route I’m trying to connect to, or if it is private or public.” What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Hello, I would say the easiest route is to talk with the administrator.  Are you the administrator of the network? Is this a home or a business/enterprise network?

you have another account user priviliege, or somehow got corrupted

maybe this can help

1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories.

2. Right-click Command Prompt cmd , and then click Run as administrator .

3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    "netsh wlan delete filter permission=denyall networktype=infrastructure" without qutation mark

then
    netsh wlan delete filter permission=denyall networktype=adhoc

Not to state the obvious, but is this your computer? Which OS are we talking about here? Did you recently change anything or install something? Who else uses the computer?

Hello, I do not know if you can do something about it or not, but there are about 5 questions without any answers because questions show with comments closed. Starting with the following question and four more after that:

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/restore-desktop-icons/

Please email me if you find any more - we had some issues with disqus and it seems to have randomly closed comment threads for some reason. I've found and fixed three now. my email is jamesbruce AT ...