How do I know who added who as a friend on Facebook?

ylla jensses October 13, 2011

If you see a notification on your friends wall that he is now friends with XYZ, how would you know who added who? Is it your friend or the person who is now his friend?

one more thing :
    if,
    1. abc and xyz have no mutual friends (at least when they became friends).
    2. if abc has turned off friend request option.

then, abc is the one who sent the request.
    100% sure.

" Even if you had access to someone's account (like your own!), after the friend request has been accepted by the receiving party" ...you will see a notification that xyz has confirmed your request.
    If there is no notifiaction in my notifiactions, and still i have become a friend of xyz, that means I have accpeted the request of xyz.
    ok ? :)

Sorry for my off-topic comment but does it really matter?

People add hundreds up to thousends of people as friends on Facebook some of them they probably have never met. 

Even if you did know that cool person #1 adds one of your friends first it could really just be a courtesy add for posting a comment on the wall, Like something he posted or whatever.

There is no feature, but you can guess :
    If Jack is not getting online for a long time.

And suddenly, one day you see an update :
    Jack is friends with mr xyz and 15 other fiends.
    then it is possible that all the 15 or most of those 15 pesons sent a request to Jack.
    which he accepted when he got online after a long time.

gender, popularity, status can be the factors to guess.

A pretty girl ,a boss, a teacher, a celebrity, will be at the receiving end of the requests in most cases !

This is not accurate because it is a guess.
    Even if you suggest someone to add a friend, facebook will only tell that both are now friends.

You will need partial or complete access to a persons profile to know it.
    so you will have to be either a hacker or the best/trusted friend of the person.

To my knowledge, there is no way of doing so.