How can I add YouTube videos as screensaver?
Question by Terry Anderson /

I am in need to add a YouTube video as my screensaver, so that when my laptop is on display in an office, any clients who see it, can be informed via a company video.

I have tried one free software so far, but it displays ads. Is there another way that I have failed to see by searching Google?

• Terry Anderson

Hi Nancy / weeksseth

Thanks for the tips, I have tried Instant Storm which the article mentions in Nancy’s tip, however I would like an option to play the video without sound. When I convert the video from flv to swf is there a way to strip out the sound? What free program would allow me to do this and is it pretty simple to do?

Thanks again folks

Download the video, then go here:

• Jessica Cam W.

See if this video is available elsewhere and if it’s free to download (in AVI or MP4) and then use Video Screensaver (or read this) which works in Windows. After you install the application, just select a screensaver the regular way (right-click on Desktop, select Personalize > Screensaver) and you’ll see a new option, rodflashvideoss, which lets you choose your downloaded video file when you press on Settings and voila! I tried it and it had no ads.You might also want to read 5 Ways To Make You Own Screensavers

• Greg

I tried your method and downloaded both the program and the video and my screensaver was black. :(

• Jessica Cam W.

Hmm, maybe you can try InstantStorm then? Nancy has the link below.