How can I add a Subscribe with FeedBurner box on my website?

Ariane July 22, 2011

I’ve tried numerous times to create a simple email subscribe box for my site. Whatever I copy and paste creates very little content on the sidebar.

I just want a box for typing in an email and a Subscribe button, much like what’s on this site, but without the social media icons and colours. Help? You can see the only thing that works so far, on my site arianecdesign.com

1. Ariane C

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. I've copied and pasted into the same widget where the current "Get the latest updates…" text is.

Hi Ariane, sorry about the late reply as this has been sitting in my google reader to do list for a while. I've checked out the code and what you paste actually has no input box there, so its not showing. 

This is what is showing in source:

Sign up to get the latest updates sent right to your inbox.Sign me up!

The presence of indicates to me that the widget may be stripping the code. If you'd like me to fix it for you, please email me james@ this website with an admin password so I can take a closer look.

• Ariane C

Hi James,
        I'd used the current solution as I hadn't heard back from you in awhile and needed to implement something quickly. I'm away now for 4 days for the long holiday weekend (in Canada), so I'll have to revisit this when we return. Thanks for the replies!

Sorry Ariane, my email should be jamesbruce@ this website! Whoops~!!

2. Ariane C

Hi James,

I did remove the code because it was rendering a tiny black box, no square box area to fill in an email address, etc. etc.

I simply copied and pasted the Feedburner code into a WP widget and saved. Do I need to format the CSS in some other area? According to some, that should be all I need to get it what I want it to do (I've attached the image I'm looking for with this reply).

Thanks.

Ariane, could you add the full code back onto your website, but surround the whole block with (code here) ? That way I can take a look at it for you live on the site, but it'll be invisible to anyone who doesn't know about it. It's probably just a minor CSS issue, but only really possible to debug it when it's there in context. 

Actually, forget what I said about surrounding in div tags, just use this code, it'll still be invisible. 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Ariane, it looks like it's nothign to do with teh width of your sidebar. Checking the site, I see the form code isnt there. You've either removed it until you find a solution, or it's because you're using a text widget which is stripping the form code. If it that's the case, I suggest a plugin called Samsarin PHP (or similar) which allows you to post pure code on your sidebar without concerns of it being stripped. 

4. Ariane C

Let me check that, thanks!

5. Anshul Dixit

This could be because the width of the box exceeds the sidebar width. Check the width in the code you are using, and change it to that of the sidebar. The sidebar width in your case is 262px.