How can I add slow motion effect to my videos?

Osama April 12, 2010

If I want to add slow motion effect to a portion of any of my videos, is it possible? If yes, suggest a freeware for Windows for this task.

1. Osama

There will be no use if I have to cut out that portion to add effect. I want to add the effect to specific special points in the videos. Tell me its procedure , and windows movie maker has some codec issues, tell me how to download codecs for it too?

Osama,

regarding your codec issues with Windows Movie Maker, I recommend that you post this as a new question. Please specify which error messages you are seeing and which software / hardware version you're currently using. Thank you!

you can split that desired portion from the video and add the effect...

3. osama

but this adds the effect to the whole video, i just want to add it to a selected portion.

4. Taty

Hi Osama. You don't need any freeware. It's probably already on your machine. You can do that using Windows Movie Maker. It's one of the effects. Just select the clip of the video you want to slow down and go to effects and you can slow it down by percentages to make is as slow motion as you want.