How do I add new search engines to Google Chrome?

Cammy Fay April 30, 2012

Whenever I search in Chrome it uses AVG even though I uninstalled it. How do I add new search engines, and why does Chrome keep using AVG?

Hello, to add or manage search engines in chrome, you could try the followoing:

-- open chrome
    -- click on wrench
    -- click on settings
    -- make sure you are in basic settings
    -- under search heading, click on manage search engines
    -- check under the default search engines heading. If you want to delete a search engine, highlight it and then click on the X next to it.
    -- you can also add search engines there

2. Viren Sakariya

Open Chrome,then type chrome://settings/searchEngines on url tab,now u can see the dialog box of defaults and other search engines,at there go to Other search Engine give Name,keyword,Url. U can finish Now.

During the uninstall process for AVG, there are several screens of options that you need to really pay attention to. One of them has to do with removing the AVG toolbar from Firefox and IE as well as returning your search settings to what they were prior to installing AVG. There are also options to remove the Virus Vault and user specific settings. Most likely when you uninstalled AVG you breezed through these pages accepting the default behavior which leaves the AVG search option as the primary search engine for all browsers installed and it also leaves the toolbar for FF and IE along with all of the user data and the Virus Vault in case you will be reinstalling AVG at a future date.

4. Susendeep Dutta

Click on the link below to know how to delete,add search engines in Google Chrome -

Manage search engine options -

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95653