How can I add ringtones onto my LG Samba?

Jeannie November 20, 2011

When I got my LG Samba I loaded some ringtones onto it, but I can’t do it now. I can’t access the folders on the phone from my PC. I don’t have a data plan. Customer service says simply that that is not possible.

did you try to access memory card with a card reader, without including the phone ?

• Jeanniebench

I did, and created the subdirectory, but when I reached the BitPim dialog I couldn't check ringtones-the selections were greyed out.  

3. Richard Carpenter

I would try to install BitPim, http://www.bitpim.org/ , which may autodetect the phone  after it is instal. This is would be a good place to start.

• Jeanniebench

Thanks Richard! I downloaded BitPim and installed, discovered I needed new device drivers, snagged those, and  it discovered my phone. Now I can see all the folders, but I still can't sideload the files. 

• Richard Carpenter

I should have explain more, sorry :) BitPim is setup so you can convert your regular music collection into ringtone or transfer small mp3s. When you click the ringtones folder, there should be a Media folder. Under that folder you should see ringers. From there add ringers should be in the toolbar. 

Here are some alt. instruction from BitPim Help http://www.bitpim.org/help/
        Transferring files to the microSD card through the phone using BitPim is very slow, users should transfer files to the card directly from a PC.On the microSD card, create a subdir called ringers
        Copy your ringtone files to the ringers subdir.
        Insert the card back into the phone and start BitPim.
        Retrieve Ringtone data from the phone:Menu Data -> Get Phone Data.Check on Ringtone, and click on OK.
        Write Ringtone data back to the phone:Menu Data -> Send Phone Data.Check on Ringtone and Replace All, and click on OK.
        All of the ringtones stored on both the phone and the card are now available for assignment.Step 3 through 5 should be repeated for all changes made to the ringers subdir.Ringtones stored on the microSD card will not show up in the Ringers tab, since BitPim does not add or delete those files.

• Richard Carpenter

The last of the looks terrible, let me try that again...