Why can I not add music to my iPod after resetting it?

Chi August 27, 2011

I managed to download my data from iPod to PC – great instructions How To: Move Music from iPod to PC in 5 Easy Steps How To: Move Music from iPod to PC in 5 Easy Steps Read More ! Thank you!

I then reset my iPod. I can see all my music and films on iTunes but cannot (sync) put them back onto my iPod because it says some of the items ‘it can not be found’. Can anyone please help me. I must be doing something wrong as all the data is there visible on iTunes.

Oh, in addition I cannot play any of the music as again it says ‘original file cannot be found’ then gives me the option to locate but this is where I do not have a clue! Thanks all.

The error "original file cannot be found" means that you either moved or deleted the files you added to your iTunes Library.

If you followed the guide you linked to I can only assume that you moved or deleted the folder on your Hard Disk where you copied all your iPod music to.

If latter is the case I am afraid you are out of luck. Since the guide didn't specify to set the option "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" this one initial folder was the only source/backup of your iPod music.

Chi,

were you able to solve the issues with your iPod? Please let us know what worked for you or whether you are still stuck. Thank you!

Some songs in iTunes won't copy to iPod
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1420

If you've moved or renamed them, that could be
    causing the error. Just try to play the song in iTunes, (it should have an
    exclamation mark to the left of it) and when it asks you if you want to locate
    the song, find it.They still show up on your iPod because they weren't
    "lost" before, and if it's still in your Library, it won't be deleted from your
    iPod.