How can I add a logo made in Microsoft Word to my website?

Marchalle Couch January 2, 2012

I’ve followed the steps for making a logo with Microsoft Word. I made it was success but now I don’t know how to add it to my website. How is that done?

1. Cmarchalle

Ok, I got it off thanks again everyone for your answers.

2. Cmarchalle

Thanks everyone for your help. Ed your method worked and it was not complicated. But now I have another problem. My name is unusually spelled. The red line from the spell check also appears on the logo. How do I get rid of the line?

• Jack Cola

Simple, press F7 to open the spell check box, click on Options, then where you see "Exceptions for" tick the box that says "Hide Spelling errors in this document only"

Then follow the screen capture techniques above.

3. JoanVinallCox

Take a screenshot and save it as a jpg - then you can add it as an image.

4. djanogly

Depending on what service you use, there will be different methods for uploading the image itself. But if you are looking to put it into an image format, I would recommend taking a screen shot of the page with the print screen button, pasting it into the Paint application on windows, and cropping it and saving it as a PNG file or other image file.

5. TIONG CHANG CHENG

1. Go to File -> Save As
    2. Change the Save As Type to Web Page (*.htm, *.html)
    3. Give the file a Name and save.
    4. Open the saved file folder, you will find a folder name similar to the filename (filename_files).
    5. Open it, and you will find the logo you need.

6. Ed

Just do a screenshot of the logo. If you're using Windows 7, open the word document with the logo, then go to start menu and type "snipping tool" sans quote. Fire up the snipping tool, and then drag the cursor around the logo that you made. After that, save it as PNG. You can now upload/use it in your website.

If you're still using WindowsXP, you can use MSpaint. Press PrintScn on your keyboard, then open up MsPaint. Then right-click, paste. That's it.

• Jack Cola

Exactly, Ed has the idea, but also, as FIDELIS says,  Word may have licences so that you can't use it on your website - depending on how you created it.

And to put it on your website, just upload it to your website accordingly

Hello, you could also zamzar, it is an online site that can convert to different formats.  The following is the link for conversion formats available:

http://www.zamzar.com/conversionTypes.php

Look under document conversion formats, it should be the first header.  In the first column, find the .doc format and next to it you should find the following options to convert a word document to: bmp, gif, jpg, png, and tiff.   It should be the second option.  Try converting to different image formats and see which one you like the best.  Once you have your images, check what kind of image files your hosting allows.  The next link is for conversion tool.  It is self explanatory:

http://www.zamzar.com/

8. Cmarchalle

Thanks FIDELIS,
    How do I convert into an image format. I tried to do that as well. I also tried using an alternate site, for some reason it is not taking the word document. My website is on Vendio.

Hello, first you would have to check if word is allowed in your site to be uploaded and used.  If it is, you can upload the file to your site and then add it to the area in your code where you want it to appear.  I would think it would be better for you to convert the logo to an image format.

If it is not, you could upload it to some online storage site and make sure to copy the link.  Then add the code to your site through a script pointing to where your file is stored.  Once, file is uploaded, include it to the formatting of the page.  Is the page made in html/css? If you are more specific about what kind of page it is, you will be able to get more help.