How can I add Live Chat to my WordPress website?

Dino Mandelen June 21, 2011

I have a website which plugged-in with WordPress template. I just want to add live chat on my website so that I can communicate with my website visitors and answer their queries instantly.

I found some idea at Live2support.com.
Is there any more easy code?

1. AR

Hi Dino,
    You can check out various plug ins which already available in the market for wordpress. Also, you can get it custom created by posting a project at http://www.wordpressjobsonline.com and find some professional who will do the job for you at the minimum cost.

Take Care
    Abhinav

2. empyrean_surfer

This is a no brain'er, just use "Messenger Pingbox" the URL is: http://messenger.yahoo.com/pingbox/
    I used it on my website to offer live chat to customers that have questions about computer repair. It was easy to set up and easy to monitor. 
    :)

Dino,

did any of the suggestions above solve your question? Please keep us updated what method you choose. Thank you!

4. Delta

Hello there, I am a site admin for an IRC (internet relay chat) network and we just happen to be looking for people needing a chat channel to add a chat to their page!! We offer it completely free of charge, we only hope to get some traffic on the network we are paying for. The channel would be all yours, no adds of spam or the like, clean, friendly and stable. We could also help you get the chat onto your wordpress site, as our site is also on wordpress. 

The site is under construction but our IRC network has been stable and running for months. For more info you can email delta@digitaladdiction.info or you can visit our chat channel at http://www.digitaladdiction.info/communication-portal/chat/  and ask questions and chat with our friendly staff. 

I hope we may be of help 

Take care,
    Delta

Delta,

thanks a lot for offering!

5. Jeremiah

What kind of chat do you want to use? Do you want like a "Forum" type system? or what? Most of your needs can be accomplished threw a "WordPress plug-in..." Simply do a quick Google/Bing search for "WordPress Forum or Live Chat plug-in's."

Also - there are a few good vendors out there that you can find that offer "live chat" but you pay a small amount (depending on your definition of "small amount of course, lol" but it's on a "monthly basis" as well. Personally, I think these "paid/subscription" live chat type systems are probably the best route to go... simply because their a bit more sophisticated then the "free plug-in's, obviously" and they also have an entire back-end  CMS (content management system - this is what runs your entire "live chat" system (behind the scenes so to speak, to put it in layman terms))

Hope this helps bud,
    Jeremiah R.