How to add Gmail to Outlook 2013?

Alan T January 19, 2014

I set up a new PC running Windows 8.1 then loaded Chrome and Office 2013. Now I want to add Gmail so I can mail from Outlook 2013, but it simply isn’t working. I’ve tried it all, but it doesn’t want to talk to the server when I try to set up IMAP.

Help please!

1. Alan T

thanks all, sorted by repair of office feature in control panel programs

2. Devesh S

1 -> To sign in to different types of applications you have to generate an "Application Specific Password".
    2 -> You can use this "Application Specific Password" as One-Time Password to sign in to different applications such as Thunderbird, Outlook etc.
    3 -> Simply follow the steps in this Google's official guide.

Simply, then use that Application Specific Password as a password and then you will be able to sign in to Gmail using Outlook.

1. From your Gmail account select 'Account' from the drop down menu on the top right corner.
    2. Select 'Security'.
    3. If the 2 step verification is ON , Turn it OFF and then try configuring Gmail with Outlook.

• Alan T

thanks for the reply but the 2 step is off