How can I add a Frobee slideshow to my WordPress blog?

Chris Proudlove August 2, 2010

I’m using Windows XP, Firefox and the latest version of WordPress on a self-registered domain.

I learned about Frobee.com from MakeUseOf and found it excellent and very user-friendly software. I’ve followed the instructions and have a “slideshow.zip” file ready to go. Can someone please explaine (in layman’s terms) how I can put the slideshow on to my blog?

Hi Chrisonce you have downloaded the slideshow.zip archive file to your pc. You will need to do the following.1 - Extract the contents of the archive to slideshow directory.2 - The archive will have two files 'slideshow.swf' and example.html. You need the slideshow.swf file.3- Upload the slideshow.swf file to your sever via FTP or using the control panel provided to your by your hosting company.4 - Once you have uploaded the file, make sure to copy it's location on your server (ex. http://www.your_site.com/some_directory_if_any/...) 5 - To add the slideshow to a page/post on your WordPress blog simply copy and paste following code (in HTML view). Note: make sure to change the src URL with your own from step 4.

2. Saikat Basu

I think you can embed the slideshow in the WordPress blog (check the comments in the article).