Why can’t I add friends via my Facebook page?

Kimberly October 17, 2012

I created a business Facebook page (it exists on it’s own – not connected to any personal Facebook account)
I am unable to browse Facebook from that page and am unable to add friends. There is no “search” box at the top of the page, there is no “friends” button anywhere – unlike on my own personal Facebook account and my own business page which is attached to that. I need help to fix this problem or get the page set up the right way so that it can be used to help promote this business.

1. Mohit Agrawal

FB Pages can not invite/add friends as mentioned in the earlier comments by people. Only Profile can add/invite friends.

2. sami daqiq

no sir, before i could but, now can't

3. sami daqiq

my facebook is blocked i can't unlike and add friends for more than 20 days, how can i solve my problem please help me. if i did some mistake next time i will be take care.

A page cannot have friends, that's true. The only way to populate it is to "Build audience" which is suggested on the top of your page backend. You can make your personal page "an admin". And then you'll be able to invite friends to "like" the page and subscribe. Also you can import your email contacts, and also invite them to "like your page". This is the way the things work for "pages"

5. Nikhil Chandak

I think people can LIKE the page
    but they cannot add u friends in their profile

6. Brian Mok

Facebook pages do not have the ability to add friends.

7. Boni Oloff

I think a page cannot add friends, but if they like your page, means they will get update everytime you change the page post.

8. Harshit Jain

You have made a Page, not a profile and pages don't have friends. You can get only likes on that page.

9. Jay.0

Because Its a page and not a personal account.

10. Surendra Ghanta

A page is much different from a personal profile. You cannot add friends directly to your page. Instead you can invite all your friends to "LIKE" your page and then they will be able to see updates from your page.

11. Roshin idi

A page cannot add friends. It can like other pages but can not add friends.

12. Kim Djernis

i think that the page you have set up is at compani site and thoes cant ad friends you have to make it into a normal profile or an event page and then ad friends.