Why do I still see the red AdBlock banner when I have white-listed a website?

Michael Sledge March 15, 2012

I have AdBlock Plus installed and I have it disabled for sites like MakeUseOf but this still happens:

As you can see AdBlock is not enabled and I see adverts, so why does it still moan that I have AdBlock enabled?

1. Karkala Nayak

Hi,

In chrome there are two adblocks one is "Adblock Plus" another is "Adblock" itself.
    You may have whitelisted/disabled "Adblock Plus" but another extention("Adblock") may be still running..

I recommend Check your Chrome extentions page and try disabling or whitelisting in all your adblock extentions

you can check the picture I have attached to get the hold of what I am saying
    http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8990/newpictureltq.png

• Michael Sledge

I only have Adblock Plus installed

• Karkala Nayak

Have you tried what James has said, Try disabling the extension(ABP) or check for other similar type of extension that you may have installed unknowingly. Re-check the whitelisted domain tab again to make sure makeuseof.com is logged into its records.

Hi Michael. The error is displayed because the ads are not yet enabled. There should be a wide banner just beneath the black navigation bar. Either you need to refresh the page to fully deactivate the plugin, or you're running something else related to adblocking (ghostery, noscript?)