Why does my ad hoc network connection only work one-way?

Brahmaji September 7, 2012

I connected wireless network from my friends pc over ad hoc, but while testing the connection, the ping sent from my laptop always fails, where as the ping from my friends laptop succeeds. My Laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium, the other is Home Basic.

Also in Network Places my PC is shown on the other laptop, but I can’t see the other on my laptop.

While testing the above I disabled the firewall on my PC, but don’t know the status of it on the other. Any ideas?

1. julien croy

has the person you want to connect to connected yet becuase i dont think it will work until another computer connects

• Brahmaji

yes both the laptops were connected, n my laptop`s shared folders can also been accessed from the other one, but not from me, even the pingtest fails

2. Brahmaji

Additional Clarification to the Question, I wanted To Play Counter Strike Source On My Laptop, In course Of Connecting The Laptops Above Problems Encountered..

I will be trying the Home Group Method,

Thanks for sharing Knowledge...

• tony

you may need to check the firewall on the other machine is turnt off as this can block you getting access

3. 573d1210d64cc82ed1979188e3b9622a

Homegroup is a good addition to windows

Easiest way to fix it is to set them both up on the same HomeGroup.