How can I activate Windows 7 Ultimate without the disk used for installation?

Sataria August 17, 2011

How can I activate my Windows 7 Ultimate when I can’t find my bootable CD that I used for installation?

The software mentioned only help if he had previously activated Windows (or found another way to put it in the same registry key), all that software (presumably) does is decrypt the key, however if nothing is in the key it's not too helpful. 

As I highly doubt any competent developer would actually put the key on the CD, I can't imagine how those softwares could help. 

The less-than-legal method would either to be to use an activator such as RemoveWAT, which will completely strip windows of the activation components (not genuine, so no updates) or to use a key you find on the internet, which there are plenty of. You could always try to contact Microsoft and see if they have any tricks up there sleeves for situations like this, but Microsoft phone support has never been a great deal of help.

Hello, there is a paid program that can be used to recover windows 7 keys.  The trial software as usual has many of the functions disabled.  This is the link:

http://recover-keys.com/

If you decide to buy it, make sure to read everything about it.  It also recovers keys for several programs.

There is a free software from NirSoft to view all the installed licences.
      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

As for the initial question it's like Jeffery said:
      You don't need the CD/DVD. You need the Product Key and you need either a internet connection or a telephone to activate your Windows.

You don't need the CD to activate Windows, only the key. Microsoft now encrypts the registry key containing your activation code, so the only way to find your true key is to find the box.