How can I activate my Blackberry Curve 8520 when PIN was suspended?

rodneyD June 27, 2010

I bought a used Blackberry Curve. Unfortunately, when I tried to have it activated by my carrier network, I was told my device has its PIN suspended. Because of that I cannot use data service. I love the phone and also I cannot take it back. Can anyone help me?

Did you enter the pin incorrectly 3 or more times? You may need to enter your Puk code which is supplied by your carrier. If you entered that incorrectly a few times, your sim card will be permanently blocked.

I would suggest calling your phone company and asking them from help.

As Smokey99 suggested that your phone may be stolen, you can enter the IMEI code (usually found underneath the battery) and enter it in here to see if it is blocked or not

It sounds like the phone may have been reported stolen. The only recourse you have is to return it and get a replacement. However, since you said you cannot return it, ff you paid with a credit card I would do a stop payment if the credit card has that feature.

It's a little late this time, but check out this link: