How can I access a Windows computer if I don’t know the password?

September 27, 2011

I have an old desktop that I have not used in about 8-12 months. I turned it on the other day and it is asking for a password and I haven’t a clue what it is. I have tried several. And there is nowhere to get help. Nothing to click on!?

I tried the CTRL ALT DEL. What do I do? Thank you in advance for any help you may offer.

1. Kongjie

If your computer is lone, there are some good choice:
    1. If you have an Ubuntu live CD you can reset it using chntpw application
    2. Windows Password Rescuer Personal,it can recover the password in a few minutes.Refer to  There is a detailed guide.3. You can use Offline NT Password Editor to reset the password.
    4. Use the built-in administrator account which you can logon without password in safe mode.It was built when you install your system and its password default as blank.Press ctrl+alt+delete twice in the welcome screen and you can see a classical logon dialog box,type administrator and press Enter.Or you can press F8 when you start/restart your computer to select start from safe mode.
    If your computer is on a domain, you can use Windows Password Rescuer Advanced edition. Recover domain password is a little complex.

If it is a BIOS password, just remove the coin battery cell. and you removed the password :)

3. Sunny

use a CD disk to access windows password.

3 Ways to Reset Forgotten Windows Administrator Password
    5 Tips To Reset The Administrator Password in Windows XP
    PC Login Now (software)

If those links don't help you, please post back why they didn't and any questions.