How can I access Torrents and download more than 150 MB per file when that is blocked?

Devendra June 28, 2010

Torrent is blocked in my college. Is there any way I can use it?

Also, there is a downloading limit of 150 MB of single file.  Is there any way I could download more than that?

I like to use my home computer bypassing any network restrictions using VNC or Remote Desktop. Then I can download what I want and then pass it to myself using FTP or stream it.

2. Steve Campbell

While torrenting, look into a program called Peer Guardian. It blocks millions of IPs including schools and government. Also, you may want to look up how to utilize proxies to anonymously surf the internet.

I'm not sure if this will help you or not because I'm assuming you are living on campus and have to access the internet directly through the school's network. However, it may be worth a try initially because you'll most likely only receive a warning if they were to pick up on your activity.

3. pceasies

For more than 150MB you could probably use wget and the -c switch.
    wget -c http://example.org/file.exe

It will continue the download where is left off. Should be able to keep using it until the file is done. It's extremely easy for Universities to see you are using torrents and even every website you go to. It's also easy for them to kick you out on the basis of participating in illegal activities.

4. CJ

use free vpn service.

6. sneakily1

Use BTAccel.com
    you use it to download torrents to their server... then once it's finished you download it as just a regular link. Use a download accelerator like DownThemAll (firefox plugin) and you're all set. Hope this helps!