How can my boss access shared network drives through an iPad?

Tricia Colameta January 19, 2012

My boss just bought a new iPad. He is connected to work through the VPN when he is away from the office and he wants access to shared drives. How can we do that on the iPad? The mapping directions we have from the office are for Windows. Is there an app that can help?

1. Stacey

iSimplyConnect have a reliable and secure ipad vpn. Using this app your boss will be able to access all files and networks remotely. I tried out the free trial and still use it now within our company. Really increases productivity!

If they are located on a simple network share you/he should be able to access the files using a simple "file browser".
    http://www.howtogeek.com/65643/how-to-wirelessly-access-network-shares-from-your-ios-device/ 

* There are various apps available on the App Store to do this. This article just features two of them.

• Starsnsunshine711

This is a terrific article - thank you very much!  I thought FileBrowser was the way to go but didn't want him to spend the money on it (I know its really inexpensive but he's already tried a few other apps and its starting to add up). 

Going to give this a try - very helpful - thank you again!