How can I get access to my password protected memory card after I formatted my Nokia phone?

Rakesh Shah October 4, 2012

I have removed my 1GB Samsung memory card and formatted my Nokia E63 phone. When I put the memory card back it asks for a password, but I dont remember it. Even the “C:\sys\mmc” file is not there as handset was formatted. I want the data back as its important.

What can I do to get access to my memory card?

1. vinod

i am using nokia c300 last month my phone suddenly restarted after that i lost most of the application in my phone , i dont know what is the reason can u pls help me , ovi store , communities , mail, browsing ,images,tones ,frames etc...

Try factory reset of your phone.This will remove the problems that you are facing currently.

2. Mayur Ghori

I forbot my nokia mobile password.
    Please give me any tips and trick.
    Nokia x2-01

Take it to nearest Nokia care else try soft reset if you know the security code which is 12345 by default.

3. lokesh prajapati

my nokia phone 2700 classic 2GB memory card password is not remember me & i am not agree to format please give me some advise how can possible...........thanx

Connect your phone to PC and browse for mmcstore file.Open it with notepad and it'll show up your password.

4. Saina Nehwal

Connect your memory card to pc via card reader and then try Kernel for windows data recovery software for the recovery of your memory card data, you can get the demo of same software from http://www.softwarerecovery.org/memory-card-data-recovery.html and know more about memory card data recovery.

5. Aditya Roy

Connect your memory card to PC and open the file mmcstore using notepad.

6. Isaac Elesha

i suugest you get a phone of the same model probably form from a friend or anywhere and insert your memory card into it then think of how to unlock.

7. Nethu Alahakoon

try using the phones default password like 1111 or 0000.. it might work.

8. Ahmed Khalil

officially their is now solution for this issue without loosing the data

• hamad3914

What is the solution??

Have you tried your phones lock code, security code or something in that regard. If you never changed something like that you could try all things like
    "0000", "00000000", "1234", "11111" and all other common default codes.

Other then that I'm afraid you should have backed up your memory card too.

Memory cards are usually locked in some way. Imagine a stranger could take the card out of your phone and access e.g. all your pictures and data just like that.