How do I access my Mac’s Trashcan in Yosemite?

joy November 4, 2014

After upgrading my Macintosh to Yosemite my trashcan (and other icons) are covered up by the Google icon (among other Google utilities) in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. More or less, this means I can’t move my e-mails or delete them.

Is there any way for me to access my trashcan (or other covered up icons)?

I got it figured out!

2. Jan F.

I'm not sure I can follow you but it sounds like all your icons just rearranged and are now on top of each other.
    You can either drag&drop them to other positions on the Desktop or you can have OS X rearrange them automatically.
    To have OS X do it just click anywhere on your Desktop background to make Finder the active Window. Then in the top menu and select "View" and then one of the "Sort By" options e.g. to sort by name. If you no longer want it to happen automatically just select None in this Sort By option.

On top of that you should also have the Trash icon in the Dock menu.

That being said, I'm confused about what this has to do with your emails? The Mail App has it's own trash can and it has nothing to do with the trashcan on the Dock or Desktop.

Thank you...I got it figured out!