Why can’t I access Internet Explorer 9?

Lynda Sanders October 12, 2012

Microsoft techs uninstalled/reinstalled IE9 three times. It still doesn’t load web pages. I have done a complete virus scan, etc and tried IE Fix-It. I downloaded an IE registry free scan program, but reluctant to use it. I am sure it is just a simple thing, but what? I also tried to start IE 8 with no add-ons, that doesn’t work. I had to download Chrome to be able to get on the internet.

1. rohit pandey

Firstly, I would like to verify whether IE9 is pre-installed or not?

If so, it cannot be uninstalled. I suggest you run Internet Explorer with “no-add-ons” model first.

1. Open Start Menu, then click all programs, select Accessories, open the system tools;

2. Right-click Internet Explorer(No Add-ons), run as Administrator.

If the problem disappears, it could be caused by Internet Explorer add-ons, you could try following steps to narrow down.

1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools and click Manage add-ons.

2. Disable the Google add-ons and keep the needed items on.

3. After finding the related item, double click the item and select Remove.

4. Restart Internet Explorer and check the issue again.

Also you can reset your IE settings. Here is an official article can be referred to.

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

2. Eserpess Eserpess

It's IE there are always issues, try Firefox or Google chrome.

3. Paolo Maffezzoli

1. check if are applied all Windows OS Updates
    2. check Windows Firewall settings
    3. reset IE settings
    4. if not works, downgrade to IE8
    5. if IE8 works fine, try the IE9 upgrade again

4. Deekshith Allamaneni

It could be due to some kind of browser hijacks. Many popular antivirus software fail to detect browser hijacks. I recommend you to scan with MalwareBytes antimarware and panda cloud antivirus. I found these two are good at detecting and nutralizing browser hijacks

5. Kim Diaz

Maybe you haven't properly downloaded IE or the file you download isn't legtimate either way it fails :)

If still IE doesn't works,then try system restore to a point where it worked well.Else a system repair must fix this.If loading a webpage is required to have IE,then try IE tab for chrome addon -

7. Sam Kar

1. try to reset the browser to default settings, and then try
    2. disable all firewall, security software, and try
    3. downgrade to IE8 and try to reach online.

Let me know how it goes to help further

Did you ever use any proxy programs on your computer?

Boot your machine in safe mode with networking and try Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer 9 (No Addons).
    type Internet Explorer in Start Search and you will find the one which can run without the add-ons.

9. Dimal Chandrasiri

try another browser! IE is not that good!

• Adrian Rea

in order to post here I would guess they have! :) It was sent from Chrome. And many people need IE to test websites, some sites work best in IE (because they are coded badly!) and it is all about choice!

• Harish Jonnalagadda

I have had so many issues with getting code to work with MS's browsers over the years. Just will not load those stylesheets! Version 9 is a little better in terms of the functionality added in to the browser itself.

• Drew Butler

Wanted to share that chrome now has extensions allowing devs to view pages as they would look in other browsers for testing purposes.

10. Summone

try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 .
    it will reset IE all to its default.
    does it shows any message or stays blank? what it does when you try to load pages?

sometimes it is problem due to internet connectivity(for me), 32-bit version loads faster I guess.