Why can’t I access my Hotmail account even after passing verification?
Question by Karen White /

I’ve used hotmail.com for around 10-12 years with NO problems whatsoever. However, recently I appear to have had my account hacked and it has been temporarily blocked. When I try to login, it appears to accept my password, then takes me directly to the ‘Your account has been temporarily blocked’ screen.

I’ve passed the questions verification form (and have an email dated 2012-09-17 12:23 on my alternate email to prove it), but I still can’t login.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• liz

I can not get into my hotmail account on my iphone. I can get in on my computer with no problem. I can get into my yahoo account with no problem. Hotmail is my account that is installed in my phone, I have powered off, I have gone into settings and reentered my password…ect…but it keeps telling me that the connection to the server failed…????HELP! Thanks

• bassam

I couldnot sign in to my hotmail account > I answar all the question still telling me ( it may be my account used by some body elss)

• misrak

i tried lot of time but i cant open my account pleas help help

• misrak

I cant access my account pleas help me

If you access your account less often and sometimes after 90 days,then you risk losing your account.If Hotmail is asking you to change your password,then reset your password to stronger ones as recently,Hotmail is urging many users to change it.

• trevor hemi

What are you doing Microsoft? I have the same problem as Karen White. I can’t access my hotmail account no matter what verification I give. Do you want everyone to create an email address with someone else. This is so wrong. Do something Microsoft.

• Karen

It’s so frustrating Trevor. This has been my main email account for over 10 years. Lost photos, email addresses, messages from a friend who has since died. *MICROSOFT please HELP!!!*

If one can prove they’ve passed the verification form questions and/or mobile code, which I can – then please tell me what to do next? It’s been over a month now of trying to access my account. In hope for myself and Trevor…

• Rayon Blend

i learn that hotmail can changed your password . it has happened to me , so i keep a list of password when it change . you weren’t hacked .so , change your p-word often

A Makeuseof article has addressed some of the reasons that can cause account blocking –

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/hotmail-account-blocked-here-is-how-to-fix-it/

Try the link –

https://account.live.com/acsr

• Gordon Scott

Contact hotmail regarding account hijacking.

• Karen

Unfortunately, there is no way to contact Hotmail and get help unless you have a PAID hotmail account. I offered to pay money. They declined, saying I can’t get a paid account as my account is locked down and they can only help customers with paying accounts! It’s a nightmare.