How can I access Gmail group addresses on my iPad?
Question by Ram /

How can I access the group addresses I have created in Gmail when using my iPad’s Safari browser? I have no problems in accessing the same on my Apple MacBook Air.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Dom

Go here to access your gmail account from iPad and you can send email to your existing groups;

• Cathywilkerson

Have you figured this out? I am having the same exact problem.

Read the comments above,
      you have to save a draft from a computer.and use a copy of that draft.

a.Open gmail in pc
      b.Type group name in the address field, now you have all the addresses of that group in the  address field.
      c.Cick save.

a.Open gmail in ipad
      b.Go to drafts
      c.Open the draft that you saved in step 1-c.
      d.Save one more copy of draft for reusing it. (so when you send it, you will not lose it from the drafts folder)
      e. open the draft, type the matter, press send. Done.
      (you can also copy-paste the mail addresses from a draft or a saved mail sent to a group., if you don’t want to save a copy every time.)

• Ram

Hi Jay… Looks like iPad Safari is not a standard version. I tried the link that you have given me … I only get Google search results with this… is there a Standard version of Safari for iPad.

Hi Ha14…. the app that you have suggested creates a groups as stand alone and I am not able to retrieve the group from gmail…..

if I am not wrong, you need standard version of gmail to use groups,
    does safari shows you you the standard version?
    or you will have to find if you can use something that will let you access the standard version of gmail an option in the borwser or different browser.
    check if there is an option of desktop version.

try opening this link:

I read that google does not allow full version on ipad.

sorry for late reply,  i dont think there can be more than one version of safari for ipad.
      you can try another broswers like opera mini and uc broswers.

• Ram

Jay… Many thanks, I tried several browsers including Opera mini… Just can’t seem to get the group addresses working. Looks like this has to more than the browser set up!

As google does not provide full version of gmail, I thought there can be a browser that will let you access it.
      i hope you tried to open and not the ipad version from those broswers.
      it if still redirect you to another version of gmail, then nothing can be done.

there used to be an option at the very bottom of gmail to switch t standars version on ipad, which is said to be removed now.

but when you dont have a solution , you can create alternate solutions.

can you see drafts in ipad in gmail ?
      I can see them in my cell (opera mini, actually ..does not matter.)

save drafts created from pc, and use them from ipad.
      got it ?

• Ram

Many thanks for taking time to be of assistance to me. I tried direct gmail access…. Still no luck. I guess, it is a no go for gmail group addresses on iPads!! Your solution to have the addresses set up in the ‘Drafts’ is a good one…. Many thanks again for your guidance.

I am glad I could help you, Ram!
      keep a copy of drafts saved, so you don’t lose when you use it.
      rhymed !! :)