Why can’t I access Gmail or Facebook on my new phone?

February 4, 2012

I am using the following mobile operator for GPS and 3G access : http://bsnllive.info/howToaccess.html

Ever since I put this sim in my new phone (Nokia X3-02) I have been able to speedily surf. However, apps like Gmail or Facebook (downloadable apps from app store) are not connecting.

I tried many combinations in configurations and connectivity. What is wrong with my phone?

perhaps to ask them, they can send you setting in a file by email, then on your mobile you click on it and will do the necessary configuration.

2. Karkala Nayak

Edit or create a new GSM access point
    If you and your GSM wireless service provider determine that you need to change the settings of your current access point name (APN) or to create a new one, you must obtain the APN and detailed settings from your provider.
    1Press Home , press Menu , and touch Settings to open the Settings application.
    2Touch Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
    3Touch an existing APN to edit it. Or press Menu  and touch New APN.
    Enter the APN settings that you obtained from your wireless service provider by touching each setting that you need to edit.
    4When you’re finished, press Menu  and touch Save.
    5If you created a new APN, touch it in the APNs screen to start using it.