How can I access my GMail account from a desktop client and avoid an address book hasn’t loaded error?

Veronica Brooks November 24, 2010

When I changed my eMail address to GMail, I found I could not access eMail through the desktop icon. I have to go into my home page and access it that way. I keep getting a message that the address book hasn’t loaded properly. My computer’s internet connection is very slow as we are on the edge of reception so this takes ages. I have Windows XP, Firefox. I’ve tried resetting as directed, but makes no difference

1. Saikat Basu

From what I understand, the cause could be your slow internet connection speed which is preventing Gmail from properly loading in your browser. Instead of loading the standard view you can load the simpler and less bandwidth intensive HTML view. This should solve your problem.

Veronica,

your question is a little confusing. What do you mean with accessing your eMail from the desktop?

Did you use Outlook or another desktop eMail client (software) to access your old eMail account?

Where do you get the error message? In Windows or in GMail?