How can I access my files again after removing myself and Administrator from having access?

Mohammad Hamad August 29, 2011

I accidentally revoked access to files on my computer and now I cant access them of do anything to them. I removed myself and the Administrator from the files, now I gave access to the my User (Hamad) folder, but still some files in there are inaccessible and I cant do it from the Administrator account as well. When I give access to the files, I get the error “Access Denied”.

Half of my applications don’t work and my AppData folder is locked, so I don’t have the settings in my applications as well. I cant copy the files to another drive also, if I could I would have formatted the computer but I cant copy those files :(

Please help me, what can I do to get access to my files again? Thank You.

Hi Mohammad,

Did you manage to get access to your files using recommendations above?

Let us know

Aibek

A system restore should reconstruct user permissions or try the "Take Ownership" option, if it's even available. However if system restore isn't an option, I would suggest simply backing up everything and re-installing (if it's that big of an issue).

It seems as though an solution has already been found, here. I would make a preliminary backup just in-case.