How can I access Facebook when it says my computer or network is protected?

Mujahid October 16, 2011

Somebody has blocked Facebook on my system. It was showing This message:

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the web.

Can anyone help me to open my Facebook web page?

1. mridul

who my computer has locked facebook

2. BHAVU ROCK

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
        that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

maybe you set up secure Browsing (Https) in Facebook, in account security

or your security tool is doing this
    (firewall) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.Remove all rules for Firefox from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.

Firefox  a  preference was added to the Connection Settings proxy preferences in Tools > Options > Advanced >> Network tab - Connection = Settings = Use system proxy settingsThe default setting is for Use system proxy settingsmay be If you select No proxy and restart Firefox your problem should be fixed.

4. Mulder

If this is your computer at work, then the System Administrator (your friendly, overprotective, paranoid, control freak IT department) has blocked that site and lots of others, so you'd have to use one of the proxy services mentioned above, assuming they haven't blocked those, too.

Keep in mind that corporate IT departments monitor traffic and which sites are being accessed by their users, so they can easily see what you're doing, and you might lose your job over it. You should ask yourself if that's a risk worth taking.

But if it's your own computer, then that site and others have been blocked there, probably in your hosts file, which you can edit to unblock it.

use a free proxy service like hidemyass.com , proxy.org , youhide.com , proxy4free.com

or
    a free VPN service like Hotspot ( http://anchorfree.com/downloads/hotspot-shield/  )

• Mjevolve

guest = mjevolve