How to access Facebook in China?

Flora September 9, 2012

I found out that Facebook is blocked in China, but I NEED to be in touch with everyone back home when I go. I really need to know how to access Facebook in China – but a way that’s not expensive, and really works all the time. I know people have done it – what’s the best way?

1. Andrew

I read a great blog post about how to access blocked sites in China, I recommend that you read it: I used a Proxy that they recommended and it worked for me. Good luck :) :)

2. Daniel

I'm using it works great in China and does not require any installation. I hate installing new software on my laptop when I travel LOL :-))))
    Just make sure you check the free trial before you signup. for me it worked really well.

3. Mustajar Ahmad

i m n china,and i m using a web browser named "Web Freer" ,using this browser you can access youtube , facebook and other blocked sites in china.

4. John S.

Facebook is blocked in China, you need a VPN service like to get on FB, YouTube etc from China.

5. leslie cristobal

how to access facebook in china

6. Oremjim

I used surfbouncer and had a HORRIBLE experience. HELP!!

I was in a China on a short business trip and looked for a VPN company to help me stay in touch with the USA. Surf Bouncer was one that seemed to work well. When I returned from the trip I requested them to cancel. Not only did they fail to cancel my account but they continued to charge my paypal account. When I brought this to their attention, I received the following email:

We owe you nothing. We don't keep logs so we have no idea if you used it recently or not.
    I see you've managed to find the cancellation feature in PayPal. So you see it was not that hard.

All you needed to do was go to your PayPal account and cancel the subscription. We advised you three time to do this. Your failure to do so is not our fault, it's yours.

What's so hard about taking some personal responsibility instead of blaming others for your failures.

This is simply not true. They advised me to find the cancel subcription button of which there is none. It was only after filing a dispute with paypal that the subscription was canceled. As you can tell from the tone of their response, they are out to defraud people. Reputable companies when a written request for a cancelation is made it is respected. My advice is to never use SurfBouncer for any services.

7. dwayne

I am trying to reach facebook china for a friend that i have not seen in a long time

8. Ming

Hi Flora,

I am using Quasi Network It works very well from China. I would definitely recommend it, since it is very easy to use. It is not free, but the price is very small, much cheaper then any other service.

9. Tony Batty

Hey! Flora have you tried download the extension for Google or you can install Firefox and try their extension too. I use it at work where they have the FB blocked and it works.

10. Evan

I use VPNinja, and it works great! There are new Canadian servers that have just been added, so I can access all the Kokanee drinking videos I can handel. They are at

11. vivek yadav

use some proxy clients which hides your ip address on the it wont show that you are opening fb in china...or use some site that acts as a third party and hides your ip address...

12. Yashodhan Bhatt

As all said,a VPN would suit best to your needs. Now as far as your 'not expensive' thing is concerned,then my friend,try to search for a customized VPN..Once you get access to that this world would be all yours.
    And the best thing is that there is no compromise with speed.

13. Jet

It is actually very quick and easy to set up your own free proxy server using Google's app engine.

There is a guide about it here

14. Noah Brisson

The easiest and cheapest way I have found is using a VPN or virtual private network. One example of a very simple but effective one is HotSpotShield. Its free (as long as you don't mind the adds at the top of the screen) and you can find it at Just download the free version and that should solve your problems.

15. Kenny Brannan

do as the name suggests

16. DopePhizh

I suggest using a VPN. As far as i know Securitales or Witopia are the top choices for use in China. Others Like HotspotShield or StrongVPN should work too.
    You can also use tor. go to for info and download.

17. Gian Singh

use a proxy setting in your browser for Firefox its like options advanced... or use a web service proxy like but that may also be blocked. Or you could try a VPN

18. Iris

There's a useful guide about what works and what doesn't to access Facebook in China here:

Proxies can be insecure, as Patrick said, but if you get one that's secure (https://) and reliable, they can also be pretty good.

19. J_SanchezFans

I'm a foreigner leaving in China, and the best method by far is Freegate. It's not the fastest, but it's fast enough! It's free, gives you unlimited internet use, and Is incredibly easy to use. Hotspot shield is good too, but unless you pay for it, you'll be subjected to a plethora of annoying ads. With Freegate, you dont get any ads at all.

I've used Tor, Packet IX, and a lot others just to compare speeds, but A lot of the others I've uses are a lot more complicated to use, and you need to go through a barrage or installation hustles.

Check out Freegate's Wiki

and their download page.

Good luck, China's a lovely place, and you'll enjoy yourself here.

20. J_SanchezFans

Use a VPN for example, Freegate or Hotspot Shield.

21. Patrick Jackson

Hey Flora, I would rather advice you not use any kind of Proxy at all for such activities.

There is a sense of insecurity if privacy when it comes to using to logging in accounts and online banking in such services.

Also, Tor is a very complicated network of computers connected peer to peer.

I would rather advice you to rather go for a paid VPN if in such need to use Facebook!

All the best! :)

22. Min Shum

I think that the best way of circumventing restrictions in place is to use a foreign VPN server - for example one which connects you to a US or a UK server.

23. Erlis Dhima

Change you IP & DSN adress using a software like Hotspot Shield, or any other..
    Here are some tips about how to watch hulu movies, but it's the same for anything else, since it has to do with IP.

24. julien croy

another good way is ultrasurf but i don't that will work well agiasnt the Chinese firewall.

• Margaux

Ultrasurf's not working in China, since last year. Try webfreer, it's working perfectly when I was there last May.

25. Aditya Roy

Try leafy VPN

26. julien croy

Best way to get around firewalls/ censorship..tor. tor is very secure and complex. it is easy to figure out after reading up
    it has always been succesful, never failed on me exept becuase it was outdated. To get tor look it up or email with the body of the message windows.
    Good luck

27. julien croy

Best way to access Facebook, try to find proxies that arent blocked in china. Or even better use tor, to takes a little while to figure out but with a good website documentation its easy. to get tor look it up and download it or send an email to gettor@tor? , only say windows in the body of the message for windows computer. If china blocks tors connections find some tor bridges.

28. Josh Barrett

Try and setup a proxy or use a network such as Tunnelbear or Tor, keep in mind that none of these options are legal in china, so beware... there is also a guide here:

• Shakirah Faleh Lai

Don't be afraid, my friend is studying in China, she use a software to access FB and it works. You can try Josh Barrett suggestion too.