How can I access my eMail and use my eMail address on another computer?

Herman de Beer January 6, 2011

I’ve got an eMail address, but my computer crashed. I want to reload the address to my other desktop and laptop.

Herman,

what is your eMail provider and how did you check mail on the computer that crashed?

If you used Outlook or another desktop eMail client, you can set up the account on any other computer, given the respective client is installed. If it isn't, you can of course install it if you have administrator rights. You can obtain account setup instructions from your eMail provider.

If you used webmail or an eMail address from a webmail provider such as Yahoo, Hotmail or GMail, you can simply access your eMail address online by going to the respective website and logging in with your username and password.

If you need more specific instructions, please reply and let us know your provider and method of accessing eMail on your old computer.