How can I access bookmarks on BookmarkTracker.com if my IP address was changed?

Jessie L Taylor August 13, 2010

How can I access my bookmarks on BookmarkTracker.com since my ISP changed my IP address to which it was tied? I had thousands of bookmarks which I can’t now get to because the site can only be accessed from 127.0.0.1 and two more restricted addresses. Please help!

1. biglarry

This bookmark manager is OK while it's up and running. However, it has a tendency to quit, resulting in weird MSN messages. In my case, it was something to the effect that I needed to log in, but the system wouldn't allow me access to the login page. Right now, the service has been out for 3-4 days. I suspect the guys and gals just took off for the Christmas/New Year's holidays and turned the lights(servers)out until they get back. What a way to run a website!

Can anyone suggest a simple, reliable, non-social bookmark manager with folders and no speed or freezing glitches when the number of items exceeds 3-4 hundred per folder? MSN's Skydrive Live is a joke in that respect, which is really surprising since MSN's Hotmail folders and items navigate smoothly most of the time. The technical features in those two apps can't be that different to preclude Skydrive.Live from being just as good as Hotmail.

2. Jessie Taylor

Thanks to all who answered my post on bookmarktracker.com Somehow the site has started back working,so anyone who like me had lost hope of regaining lost bookmarks can now return to them and the site.I checked the site on all 5 browsers that i use and it worked fine on all.

Thanks for the update Jessie!

While you have access to your bookmarks again, I would recommend making a backup. You could try a more popular and possibly more reliable social bookmarking page like Delicious. Good luck!

3. JohnGH

It looks like they have a software licensing issue with some underlying software on their webserver. I've done some Googleing for the error, and it seems that that message comes from Cold Fusion.
    They may need to buy a license to get the platform up and running again.

Bookmarktracker has been around for quite a while now, and I doubt that they make any revenue off the site, so they may not be bothered to spend money to get it working again. I hope that they do though, as I have a lot of bookmarks there too!

Tina is right, the problem is with them. By the looks of it, they have only permitted themselves to use the service. The IP address 127.0.0.1 is the actually computer itself, and the other 2 IP address are probably the people who own the site.

Jessie,

I think the error message you're seeing is with BookmarkTracker, not you.

I have never used this service, yet I see the exact same IP address you describe. The error message is this:
    You tried to access the developer edition from a disallowed IP (xxx). The developer edition can only be accessed from 127.0.0.1 and two additional IP addresses. The additional IP addresses are: 89.238.154.119, 204.13.11.30.

You cannot fix this issue, you have to wait for the people behind the service to sort this out.