How do I access my Android Samsung Indulge’s software update option?

Anonymous January 30, 2014

I can’t access my phone’s software option go to settings and then “about phone”, but there’s no option there for updating it. It’s a MetroPCS Samsung Indulge.

I don’t really know how to find it. I would really like to update it.

What version of Android are you using now? As far as I can tell, 2.3 is the latest version MetroPCS offered for the phone. I don't think that there would be any other update or any way to update the Indulge past 2.3.

The reason you cannot access the "Software Update" option is because MetroPCS removed it. They use a completely different way to do it, and if you try to update it except for their own way of doing it, you can either brick the phone or the phone will no longer work with MetroPCS, and possibly will not work with any other service provider (there may be a slight chance to use Verizon or Sprint as they also use CDMA). The option to force an update, if available, is by using phone dialer to enter in a key sequence, and then a hidden menu would open. More information could be found here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1719517-new-indulge-how-to-get-update, look at post #4.