Can AcceleNet compression software for servers enhance satellite broadband download speeds?

Gary August 27, 2010

I have heard that AcceleNet compression software (for servers) can assist in speeding up satellite download/upload speeds on normal satellite broadband.
Has anyone got any ideas?

1. Julius Igugu

Yes, Accelenet does boost satellite broadband performance.
    I have a satellite broadband connection and my service provider bundles Accelenet with it.

2. Josh Fox

Looking at their website and the technology overview, yes, it's possible that it would give the speed a boost. However, with any network compression software, it's always a question of how much it would help. For light duty work, it's possible that the processing used will take longer than the time it would take to go without the compression. It could also result in a loss of data quality or reliability. It would probably be a good idea to find some reviews of it, somewhere other than their own website would be best.