What’s better, Ashampoo Winoptimizer 10 or IOBit Advanced System Care Pro?

Vighnesh V March 19, 2014

Which is better: Ashampoo Winoptimizer 10 or IOBit Advanced System Care Pro 7?

Bigger does not mean better. What I mean is that most people do not need the extra tools in these programs. If you do not wish to mess with files and folders yourself to clean the system of junk files, just use CCleaner. If you want more options and deeper scanning, download CCEnhancer. CCleaner actually cleans up most of what it says it cleans, whereas most other software doesn't. It may say it found more and cleaned more, but most times it finds and cleans files that are regenerated and cannot be completely cleared.

Unless you have a very old system with a very slow processor and very low amounts of RAM, such as 1GHz single core processor with 512MB or less RAM, then cleaning the registry should not be performed as there would not be any real benefit.

I use both Advanced System Care and CCleaner, but CCleaner is more thorough with cleaning the system of files that can be cleaned, and usually does so without deleting important files that should not be touched.

check softpedia reviews
    http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Advanced-SystemCare-Professional-Review-397425.shtml
    http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Ashampoo-WinOptimizer-Review-337711.shtml

i think Ashampoo is older company compared to iobit so they must have more experience, i am not saying that iobit is no good, i have used both of them. Ashampoo Winoptimizer version 6 was kind of small utilities in One big box, now they evolved and looks better and do better cleaning repair. Iobit started differently with another product i think it was advanced system repair (once repaired my internet connection :)) and now Advanced System Care Pro. You must make the test on your pc, do scan with both and check detection level then decide yourself, i think Ashampoo Winoptimizer is safer compared to Advanced System Care Pro which is more aggressive. Always do a system restore point and be sure that your cleaning tools will not delete important system restore point.

3. Ben S

I actually find both of these programs to not be very useful. They're filled with features that are either already built into Windows, like a disk defragmenter, and useless stuff like a registry cleaner.

Honestly, you do not need to clean the Registry in Windows. Even with thousands of "outdated" entries cleaned, you wouldn't notice any speed increase on your system.
    If you really want a system cleaner, I recommend CCleaner. On that page, be sure to use the "Slim" installer at the bottom to avoid being offered a junk toolbar.

CCleaner is a good program. You still don't need to clean the Registry with it, but if you really want to CCleaner is the best option for it. It's a rock-solid program and is quite useful for cleaning up temporary and unneeded files.

It's also totally free, while these other two programs likely nag you into paying for their full versions.

• Jeff F

I concur, CCleaner. Although CCleaner does offer a pro version and while your in the mood to spend money on software, I highly recommend it. However, the free version works just as great.